The Thanksgiving holiday is almost here and many homeowners are preparing to host friends and family. This can often make homeowners feel as though they must do a thorough deep cleaning of their home, but we think the holiday season is already stressful enough. Check out our list of 5 easy ways to get your home ready for guests without turning into Cinderella (before her fairy godmother worked her magic).
1) Make the bathroom sparkle If you can only focus on your attention on one room in your home, make it the bathroom. It receives the most traffic and will be judged by your grandmother and aunts the harshest. Give it a good scrub and light a candle before guest arrive.
2) Vacuum the main areas Hallways, dining rooms, guest rooms, wherever guests will be spending time – quickly run a vacuum over the floors.
3) Fluff the living room pillows Make the couch look inviting for everyone to gather and mingle and watch the game.
4) Use natural light and lamps Overhead lights may shine focus on your little secret that you didn’t have time to deep clean. Turn on the lamps, open the blinds, and light candles and everyone will be commenting on how cozy your home feels.
5) Turn on some holiday music and relax Thanksgiving is about giving thanks and family. Don’t stress the small details. Enjoy time with family and focus on making memories.